Today it is raining in Malta. Most people who come to this country are looking for sun, beach and good weather, but when they arrive on a stormy day, they ask themselves: What do we do now? Don’t worry, there are always things to do on the rock.
This country is not only beautiful beaches, as the best cultural plan for a rainy day in Malta, you can go to visit the Hal Saflieni Hypogeum, an underground prehistoric burial site, located in Paola. (Opening hours: from Monday to Sunday from 9:00 am. to 4:00 pm).
Another possible plan to shelter of the rain is the Malta National Aquarium. It is located in St. Paul’s Bay and is open from Monday to Sunday from 10:00 am. to 8:00 pm. It is divided into 6 areas:
– Malta’s western shoreline & Submarine
– Valletta Harbour
– Tropical Oceans
– Roman Times
– Gozo & Comino
– Reptiles and amphibians area
And of course, you can enjoy the bars and restaurants on the island during the storm. I recommend you some of my favourites:
– Gugar – Hangout & Bar. An alternative place in Valletta with a great variety of beers and snacks at a good price and options for vegans and celiacs.
– Juuls. A pub reggae located in Spinola Bay (St. Julians) with great atmosphere and open late.
– The Drayton. An oasis in the middle of Paceville, an Irish pub with billiards and table football for those who want to do more than drink beer 😉